Was it a windmill?
I felt for the last month as if I was charging towards something important. I felt heroic, gulping down hope and inspiration, speeding like a bullet towards something huge and exciting just ahead….and then pooffff…. The thing I was chasing evaporated. I find myself scrabbling hard but beginning to fall slowly backwards into the pretty padded cell that is my life in Cambridge.
I miss the Zambian sky.
(c) T. Bush Lusaka Skylines
My bleakness is due partly to the ear and chest infection I bought back from my trip. Its rather flattened me and I am beginning to smell faintly of amoxicyllin. It does not make me feel alluring.
Ok – as I am obviously in an non-witty blur of winge I shall instead direct you to the writing of the five people I would like to nominate for the blog award so sweetly passed to me by Val from Monkeys on the Roof. (Thank you again Val!)
1. The bittersweet musings of NMJ http://velo-gubbed-legs.blogspot.com/
2. The hysterical and yet often moving travel blog from my mum the artist Ruth Hartley and her partner John Corley – 28 countries in 18 months and now a move to France! http://epicblogue.blogspot.com
3. The ebullient, charming and soul affirming Nao, the Tea Time Traveller, http://teatimetraveller.blogspot.com/
4. My Cuz , Up the Hill Backwards, who has a ton of these already but still writes one of the funniest and most disgusting blogs ever about raising children in New York. Not for the faint hearted. http://upthehillbackwards2.blogspot.com/
5. Tinku of tinku gallery who writes with such insight and intelligence about the intricacies of art and the cross-cultural experience. http://tinkutales.blogspot.com
You all rock!